Tower Legacy Society
The Tower Legacy Society honors generous people who have made an investment, through a future gift, in improving the lives of patients in years to come. Individuals who establish a gift to Tower Cancer Research Foundation through their will, trust or other planned gift are integral to the future of life-transforming research.
Tower Society members share a common bond: a vision for building a foundation for new cures, support for patients and advancing research that will save lives. When you include Tower in your estate plans, you are helping to ensure Tower will have the resources it needs to meet the priorities of the future. These include:
- Early-stage ideas that push the boundaries of science and are not yet eligible for federal funding
- Early-career investigators working on the cures of the future
- Senior Investigators close to making real treatment breakthroughs
- Technology and equipment that accelerate discovery
- Supportive programs for patients and caregivers to manage the challenges of a diagnosis
A Tradition of Giving
"Cancer is a terrible sickness. It claimed my husband's life and the lives of many of my friends. While I pray for a cure in my lifetime, I want to ensure the work continues until there are answers even if I'm not around to see it. I have invested in Tower in the hopes that Tower is the one to find the answer."
-Angie David, Tower Legacy Society member
Through a gift from her estate, Angie honors her husband's memory and leaves a legacy of generosity that lives on. Like Angie, you can make a commitment to Tower and leave a lasting mark on the world.
Becoming a Member of the Tower Legacy Society
The following types of gift commitments qualify you for membership in the Tower Legacy Society:
- Gift through a will or living trust
- Beneficiary designation on a variety of assets, including IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s and qualified retirement plans, life insurance, brokerage accounts, bank accounts (checking, savings) and real estate (via a "Transfer on Death" deed)
- Life income arrangement (charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
- Charitable lead trust
- Remainder interest in your home or farm
- Other planned gift arrangements
We encourage you to notify us of your gift intentions and indicate your recognition preference on our Intention Form.
Benefits of Membership
Please let us show our great appreciation for your generous vision. If you notify us of your gift to Tower Cancer Research Foundation and become a member of the Tower Legacy Society, you receive the following opportunities for recognition and benefits:
- Your name on the Tower Legacy Society wall at Tower Cancer Research Foundation
- Recognition in Tower's online and print quarterly newsletters
- Invitations to select events
- Quarterly delivery of Tower Newsletter, which provides in-depth features on current Tower science and the lives it touches
*We respect the privacy of members who choose to remain anonymous and will ensure that you do not receive public recognition if you so choose.
Thank you for considering such a generous gift. If you have already arranged a gift, thank you for letting us know.
We invite you and your professional advisors to contact Linda David , Executive Director, at 310.299.8472. We can provide more information on making a planned gift arrangement that is right for you and becoming a member of the Tower Legacy Society. All inquiries are held in the strictest confidence and there is no obligation.